The answers to these questions about the rivers may be found by clicking on the link below each one. You could write the answers down when you find them or you could try a spot of multi-tasking by clicking here and typing in the answers (or copying and pasting) as you find them. Good luck!
1. What happened to the River Thames in 1953? What did they decide to build to solve the problem?
2. Where is the source of the River Thames?
3. How are waterfalls formed?
4. How long is the River Nile? Where does it begin and end?
5. How long is the River Amazon? Where is its source? Can you find out which countries it travels through (hint: click on the Amazon region on the map)
6. Why are rivers important? How do they get polluted?
7. How long is the River Danube? Where is its source and in which countries does it end?
8. What is the name of the chief river of India? Name two holy bathing sites along its banks.
9. Name the American States that the Mississippi River flows through.
10. Take a trip down the River Trent. Where does it begin? Where does it end? What are the three "courses" of the river?